Dr. H.S. Gitanjali
Dr. H.S. Gitanjali
Assistant Professor & Program Head-M.Com,
Department of Commerce
M.Com, MBA, M. Phil, Ph. D
Academic Experience: 19 Years
Teaching, Academic Administration
Industry experience: 5 Years
Dr. H.S Gitanjali T. Shankarappa is a teacher and an educationist. She has completed her research in Accounts and Statistics on Accounting Standards. She has been in teaching profession for more than 15 years to Post Graduate Level (MBA, affiliated to VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum) and more than 5 years teaching to undergraduates, affiliated to Bangalore University. She is also having a corporate experience of more than 5 years in Banking and Financial Services.
Her main areas of interest are Accounting, Finance and Business Environment subjects.
She has attended various workshops and conferences and has also presented papers in them. She is a sportsperson represented her university at different Badminton tournaments at state level and at national levels. Also, she is an active volunteer of NSS (National Service Scheme). To her credit she has won many awards as an NSS Volunteer at State Level for the contribution and services rendered to the society.
State Government Awardee – by Government of Maharashtra, as Best NSS volunteer for rendering services to the society.
- Paper published on the title “Viability of Franchising Business Models an Empirical Study” in International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts, Issue:4, Volume No: 5, November 2017, Page No: 904-913, ISSN: 220-2882.
- Published paper in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Researches, on “Technology & Innovations Evolution & its Impact on the work Arena”, Issue 4, Volume No:4, March 2018, Page No: 6-9, ISSN: 2349-8684.
- Paper presented in “International Conference & International Seminar on Accounting Education & Research titled” Ethics in Accounting Profession and Corporate Governance in India: a Critical Review”, Bengaluru.
- Presented paper in One day National Conference on “Opportunities & Challenges for Businesses under Climate Change Scenario” on the topic “The future of Green Markets: Opportunities & Challenges”.
- Presented paper in National Conference on Innovations in Management for Organizational Excellence at MVJ College of Engineering, Bangalore on the topic “Accounting Standards and Ethics”.
- Presented paper in International National Conference on Business and Management at Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore on the topic “Harmonization & Convergence of Accounting Standards Worldwide”.
- Presented paper in National Conference on environment and Pollution - The Future ahead at MITS College, Rayagada, Odisha on the topic “Accounting Standards and Ethics”.
- Presented paper in “IGNITE 2015” a National Level Seminar on Challenges and Opportunities for the growth of Indian Financial Sector organized by Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University’s Department of Business Management on the topic “Marketing of Bank Products- Emerging Challenges and Strategies”.
- Presented paper in “NOVUS 2015, International Conference on Change for Sustainable Businesses organized by NIT Graduate School of Management, Nagpur, on the topic “Global Accounting Practices for Changing Businesses”.
FDP / Training / Workshop attended:
- FDP on “Using Blended MOOCs in Management Education conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru on 11th August 2018.
- Industry meet & conference on “Managing the New GST Regine” conducted by IFIM college in collaboration with Electronic City Industries Association (ELCIA). On 7th June 2017.
- FDP on International Financial Reporting Standards, conducted by Central College, Bengaluru, on 18th & 19th August 2016.
- FDP on International Financial Reporting Standards, conducted by Central College, Bengaluru on 15th & 16th July 2016.
- FDP on International Financial Reporting Standards, conducted by Central College, Bengaluru on 29th & 30th October 2015.
- Workshop on New Methodologies & Processes of NAAC, conducted by IQAC, IFIM College on 16th March 2018.
- Workshop on Mergers & Acquisition, organized by Assocham, at Hotel Lalit, Bengaluru on 27th October 2017.
- Workshop on IFRS Syllabus Orientation Programme, organized by Community Institute of Commerce & Management on 22nd August 2017.
- Workshop on Syllabus orientation, SRN Adarsh College, Chamrajpet, Bengaluru, 22nd July 2016.
- Workshop on IFRS, conducted by International Skill Development Corporation (ISDC) & Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) in the month of March 2016.
Any other achievements:
She has authored a book titled “Macro Business Environment”.
Email id :