IFIM Business School
IFIM Business School, Bangalore, is an 20 year old institution and is one of the top business schools in India. It has been consistently ranked as ‘Bangalore’s No. 1 Private B-School’.
Its vision is: To nurture holistic, socially responsible and continuously employable professionals.
An ISO 9001: 2008 certified institute, IFIM offers 3 core programs- PGDM, PGDM (Finance) & PGDM (International Business). In addition IFIM also offers a Ph.D program in Management and a range of options for Executive Education.
It is promoted by the Dalal Street Investment Journal Group and is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). IFIM is accredited by SAQS and has also applied for NAAC accreditations.
The campus is strategically located in the heart of Electronics City, Bangalore, with well planned infrastructure and resources.
Full Time Programs
Transform with IFIM’s PGDM Programme - get personalised attention and form your unique identity.
- Specialisation offered in Marketing, HRM, Finance, Operations, International Business and Internet Business
- Comprehensive curriculum developed in collaboration with industry experts, with new age courses like - Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Global Branding, Digital Marketing, Marketing Consulting, Challenges in HRM, Leadership, Cross Cultural Management, Business Ethics & Sustainability, Strategies for Emerging Markets, etc.
- Delivered by top-notch faculty with proven credentials
- Supplemented with Pre- Induction FLIP course, Foundation Courses, Personality Enhancement Program and 4.5 month Industry Internship Program (IIP)
- Experiential learning through: IBM Business Analytics Lab, Case Studies, Industry Projects, Industry Guest Lectures, Workshops, Simulations, CSR Projects
- Option of term-abroad with international partner B-Schools
- Alumni employed in giant corporates like: BRITANNIA, GODREJ, SONY, RECKITT, TITAN, FLIPKART, SIEMENS, ACCENTURE, IBM, HP, WIPRO, ORACLE, INFOSYS, TCS, BIOCON, IMRB, SAP, MPHASIS, 24X7 LABS, DELL, BLUE DART, BERGER, MICROLAND, TATA DOCOMO, AIRTEL, TOYOTA, MADISON and OGILVY to name a few.
TWO YEAR FULL TIME POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT PGDM (FINANCE) PROGRAM
INTAKE : 60 SEATS
- Transform with IFIM’s PGDM (Finance)- Ranked No.1 Finance Program in Bangalore and No.6 All India.
Source: Analysis of ‘Careers 360’ Survey 2014, ‘NHRDN-People Matters’ Survey 2013 and ‘MBA Universe’ Survey 2014: Ranked No.6 All India and No.1 in Bangalore, amongst Private Business Schools offering PGDM in Finance/related verticals.
- The curriculum has been recognised by the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Institute’s University Recognition Program.
- Curriculum developed concurrently by experts from academia and industry with new age courses like, Financial Modelling, BFSI Operations, Global Securities Markets, Business Analytics, Business Valuations, Micro-finance, etc.
- Delivered by top-notch faculty with proven credentials.
- Experiential learning through: Prabhudas Liladher Finance Lab, Centre for Excellence in Banking, NSE tie-up, IBM Business Analytics Lab.
- Skill based training in areas like Advanced Excel, Technical Analysis, Financial Modelling, Real-Time Trading, Treasury & Forex.
- Supplemented with Foundation Courses, Personality Enhancement Program (PEP) and 4 and a half months Industry Internship Program (IIP).
- Batch size limited to only 60 seats, for personalised attention
- Alumni employed in leading corporates like: GOLDMAN SACHS, E & Y, DELOITTE, DEUTSCHE BANK, PWC, HSBC, STANDARD CHARTERED BANK, S&P CAPITAL IQ, BNP PARIBAS, KOTAK SECURITIES, AMERICAN EXPRESS, ING, CAPGEMINI, KPMG, GENPACT, KOPAL AMBA, DELL, HONYEWELL, FEDERAL BANK, JUNIPER, to name a few.
TWO YEAR FULL TIME POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT PGDM – IB ( International Business) PROGRAM
INTAKE : 60 SEATS
No company can afford to remain isolated from the inevitable Globalization. The survival and then growth of any company would largely depend on being part of globalized markets and production. Companies need executives with knowledge and professional skills, who can facilitate company’s integration with global/ international business. There is need of new generation of professionals savvy in international business practices.
- Practical business education with international perspective
- Based on what employers need
- Taught by Indian and international faculty experienced in real world business
- International Immersion (one full-term in foreign university)
USP of IFIM International Business Management Programs
- To educate and promote student’s interests in a global marketplace
- To help student appreciate PEST factor differences in different countries
- To provide Students with cross cultural knowledge to do business in different global settings
- To provide students with practical business knowledge and legal, financial skills in international trade
- To enable Students to think critically and solve business problems within foreign cultures, markets and business environments
- To enable students to develop international strategies
- To enable students employment mobility in international firms across borders
- To develop entrepreneurial skills in international business
Eligibility: Recognized Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
Min Marks: 50% with one year experience or Min 60% for fresher.
Course Fee: Rupees 9.5 Lakhs including tuition fee for international immersion. Hostel extra.
International Immersion: : Rupees 2.00Lakhs, (approx. subject to prevailing exchange rates) towards Travel/stay/visa.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE CURRICULUM FOR PGDM AND PGDM (FINANCE)
- Course design that focuses on imparting relevant Knowledge (Knowing), Skills (Doing) and Attitude (Feeling) along with contemporary teaching methods.
- Mandatory ‘Foundation Courses’ that carry credits, to bring students from diverse academic background up-to-speed.
- A ‘Personality Enhancement Program’ (PEP) that focuses on wellness and lifestyle to facilitate holistic development.
- Renewed focus on ‘Ethics, Governance and CSR’ across the PGDM curriculum.
- The ‘V.B Padode Centre for Sustainability’ is set up in partnership with INFOSYS, to provide students a forum for participating in CSR and social entrepreneurship projects.
- ‘Business Analytics’ has been made a core course for all students, with hands-on work in the ‘Business Analytics Lab’, set up in partnership with IBM.
- The Finance Lab which is backed up by the BSE-NSE has been enhanced for the finance curriculum .
- An elective course on ‘Entrepreneurship’ is being offered with the opportunity for new-venture incubation under IFIM’s ‘Centre for Entrepreneurship’.
- A new specialization in ‘Strategy’, has been included to groom students interested in the consulting space.
- A range of new, industry relevant electives have been introduced with innovative pedagogy, such as Global Brand Strategy, Online & Digital Marketing, HR Analytics, Leadership & Change Management, Financial Modeling, etc
- The unique 4.5 month Industry Internship Program (IIP), an IFIM innovation in Business Management, continues to be a part of the curriculum
|COMPARE Programs||PGDM||PGDM (FINANCE)|
|ASPIRING TO BE||Business leaders, entrepreneurs, management consultants, functional area specialists or executives in private companies, NGO's or public sector||Investment bankers, banking professionals, stock and commodity brokers, wealth managers or executives in large financial services companies|
|FEE||9.5 Lakhs for 2 years||9.5 Lakhs for 2 years|
|AVERAGE PLACEMENT SALARY OFFERED||Rs. 6.64 Lakhs P.A||Rs. 6.64 Lakhs P.A|
|APTITUDE||Good Communication and Analytical skills||Good Communication and Analytical
|ACCREDITATION / RECOGNITION||AICTE approved, Recognized by AIU, SAQS accredited, ISO 9001:2008 certified. Applied for/ in progress: NBA, AACSB||AICTE approved, Recognized by AIU, SAQS accredited, ISO 9001:2008 certified. Applied for/ in progress: NBA, AACSB|
Executive Education Programs
A 24 month ‘Career Accelerator’ PGDM, specially designed for Working Professionals, with weekend classes.
- This program is exclusively designed for junior and middle management professionals with minimum 2 years of work experience. The PGDM program spans over a period of 2 years and is approved by the AICTE
- The programs helps an individual acquire the requisite knowledge and skills, to innovate, ideate and bring about a change in their field of expertise.
- A novel curriculum based on the contemporary vision of ’Total Enterprise Management’
- The ’Experiential Learning’ course conducted by highly experienced IFIM and visiting faculty enables individuals with concepts and ideas to be applied in the real world.
- Marketing Analytics, Financial Modelling and Business Simulation Labwork
- Focus on developing the core managerial competencies required in modern business: Decision Making, Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, Global Perspective and Leadership
- Tailored for your convenience:
- Weekend classes that do not disrupt your work schedule
- Option of writing tests/exams on the computer
- Campus located in the heart of Bangalore’s technology hub- Electronic City
- Study material/lectures made available online for reference
A Unique Opportunity for Entrepreneurs
PRESENTING ‘EXECUTIVE PGDM - FOR ENTREPRENEURS
- AICTE approved Executive PGDM, in partnership with The National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN), specially designed for:
Owners of small & medium ‘Entrepreneurial Enterprises’
- Custom-designed courseware delivered by industry experts and IFIM faculty.
- Recognized AICTE PGDM
- Experiential learning pedagogy
- Flexibility to consult with faculty on your business matters
- Opportunity to hire/intern IFIM students
- Can avail of incubation facility in IFIM after completion of 6 months of the program
- Networking opportunities with industry experts and successful entrepreneurs
- Partnered by NEN for courseware and experts
- Campus located in the heart of Bangalore’s technology hub- Electronic City
- Industry experienced mentors, advisors and successful entrepreneurs will be available for consultation
- Program spans for a period of 15 months duration (as per AICTE norms).
- Modules comprising of 10-day classroom engagement.
- Interactive classroom sessions with a ‘mentoring’ approach.
- Supplemented with e-learning material.
- Each module includes interaction and networking with successful entrepreneurs & industry experts.
IFIM’s work integrated learning program is highlighted by its integral corporate internship initiative. The program offers flexibility to students to learn while they intern.IFIM facilitates the internship with leading corporate partners. On completion of the 2 year course, the student will receive a Post Graduate Diploma in Management, recognised by UGC.
- Earn While You Learn’- with a minimum stipend of Rs. 10,000 during the internship
- UGC approved, recognized PGDM degree
- The program is spread across 4 semesters, with each semester lasting for 6 months
- 1200 contact hours (120 credits)
- Specialisation offered in Finance, Marketing or HR
- Monday to Friday: Students will do their internship in the partner companies
- Saturday-Sunday: Students will attend classes at IFIM
- In every semester one course will be the internship work and this will be assessed continuously along with other courses
- Industry focused curriculum based on the right blend of Knowledge, Skills and Attitude
- Access to online learning resources and printed self learning material
- Hostel Facility available for both boys and girls.
Executive PGDM in Business Analytics in association with IBM.
Program Duration : 15 Months
A specially delineated program for working executives, from all management bands, intended to equip them with -
- Relevant theoretical and practical knowledge to implement Business Analytics solutions in their respective organisations.
- Imparting skills to help them move up the professional ladder.
- Rs. 4.5 Lacs (with part payment facility)
- Education Loans and Group/Corporate Packages are also available.
Owing to its industry orientation, the program has the following benefits:
- Virtual classes with hybrid nature of program delivery
- AICTE approved EPGDM degree.
- Only Institute in Bangalore to offer EPGDM in Business Analytics (in association with IBM).
- Certification of program completion from IBM.
- Curriculum designed and delivered by a consortium of highly qualified and experienced faculty from IFIM, IBM and other industry experts
- Industry experts to mentor students and help them counter real world challenges.
- Peer group interaction with students from various sectors/companies for interaction and cross-fertilization of ideas
- Hands-on work experience at the IBM Business Analytics Lab on campus, equipped with latest tools and software
- Convenience of weekend classes that do not disrupt work schedule
- Campus located in the heart of Bangalore’s technology hub-Electronic City
- Online resource material organised through a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Access to IBM’s online and printed learning resources
- Assistance with lateral placement (if required)
The program opens up exciting career prospects in the area of Business Analytics:
- With large amount of data and subsequent pattern analysis opening up a plethora of options to explore business analysts, data scientists, information analysts and project managers will have great demand.
Potential recruiters in the area of Business Analytics in India are giant IT Cos like Infosys, TCS, HCL Technologies, Cognizant, IBM, Dell, Wipro, Accenture, SAS, etc
- Industries heavily depending on Business Analytics:
Manufacturing, Retail, Financial Services, Banking & Insurance, Telecom, Health Care, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Third Batch starts in Feb 2016
- IFIM B-School launched this program in September’ 2014. We have a total of 88 students with 45 working professionals in Batch 1 and 43 in Batch 2. The course will be completed by December 2015.
- The program has gained significant attention from corporate world as well as practitioners. Individuals from various companies like IBM, Genpact, TCS, Herman Miller, Schneider Electric, Fujitsu, United Healthcare, Mindtree etc., having different career aspirations, have enrolled for the program.
- The average experience of the batches is 8.6 years.
- Education and experience details are provided in the table below;
|Experience||B.Tech||B.SC.||BCA / MCA||BBA / B.Com||Total|
|Less than 5 yrs.||7||1||0||1||9|
|More than 15 yrs.||4||1||0||0||5|
|Experience||B.Tech||B.SC.||BCA / MCA||BBA / B.Com||Total|
|Less than 5 yrs.||9||0||1||5||15|
|More than 15 yrs.||2||0||0||0||2|
|Name||Qualifications||Total Experience||Previous Affiliations||Current Role|
|Dr S .Chandrasekhar||B.Tech,, M.Tech (IIT-K), PhD(USA)||42+years in Academic, R & D ,Industry||Director: Fore School Of Management Ex Prof IT & QT IIM Lucknow Ex Visiting Prof at Manchester Business School UK||Sr. Prof & Director Business Analytics|
|Dr. S .R .Kulkarni||Ph. D||20 years in Academics and 10 years in Analytics Industries||Distinguished Data Scientist at 7 Inc.||Professor -Analytics|
|Mr. Prasad K. Murthy||B.E., MBA||16.6 years||SPSS, CAMO, Accel ICIM Frontline Ltd.||Managing Partner, Trans Trades|
|Prof. Anand N.||PGP, IIM Calcutta||30+ years||BPL Ltd., Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising, Bates 141||Professor|
|Mr. Pratyush||PGDCA, MCA||13 years||American Express, Deloitte Australia, SYSTIME||Mgr. COGNOS Practice, IBM India|
|Mr. Jayen Thakker||MCA||20 years||SYSTIME, INFOGAIN, Mastek||Enterprise Architect, IBM|
|Dr. Gunjan M. Sharma||MBA, PhD.||10 years||Aligarh Muslim University||Program Head|
|Mr. Joy John Ukken||B.Sc., PGDBA, PMI||22 years||Metric Stream India Pvt. Ltd., Oracle India Pvt. Ltd.||Big Data Solutions Architect, IBM India Pvt. Ltd.|
|Mr. Aditya Shiralkar||BE, MS, CPBA||17 years||Capgemini, Thermax||Sr. Mgr., Business Analytics, Deloitte|
- Prerequisite: Sound understanding of Mathematics and Statistics.
- Graduates in disciplines like Engineering, MCA, CA, ICWA, CFA, B.Sc (PCM), B.A(Economics), BBA, BCA, from a recognized university/institute with min 50% marks/equivalent grade.
- Currently employed / self-employed, with minimum 2 years work experience including training period.
- Eligible candidates will be selected through an entrance test followed by a personal interview.
|Term 1 ( 6 Months )|
|Introduction to Business Analytics|
|Data Processing with MS SQL, Excel, and SPSS (Lab Sessions)|
|Term 2 ( 6 Months )|
|Optimization & Network Analysis|
|PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS I|
|BIG DATA ANALYTICS I|
|TERM 3 ( 3 Months )|
|PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS II|
|LIST OF ELECTIVES|
|Enterprise Risk Management||TRANSPORTATION AND DISTRIBUTION PLANNING||Digital Marketing||HR Analytics: Role and Foundation|
|Financial Risk Modeling||ELECTRONIC SUPPLY CHAIN||Marketing Analytics I||Key HR Metrics|
|Fraud Analytics||Fundamentals of operations and supply chain management.||Marketing Analytics II||HR Scorecards and Dashboards|
|SUPPLY CHAIN PLANING|
For Admissions Contact:
Ms. Pushpa Prakash
Contact no: 9900067704
"A great initiative & timely introduction of a comprehensive professional program in the Analytics Era by IFIM B School. A perfect blend of an exclusive curriculum covering all topics on management with highly qualified and experienced faculties, hands on work @ the IBM Analytics Lab- a step ahead for transforming and reshaping the future ready corporate leaders in the field of analytics- a must do program to explore the next big analytics challenge"
Deputy Manager- HR Metrics at Schneider Electric
"After spending 10 years in software engineering, I felt it was time again to get back to college and re-invent myself and be ready to take on next big things in industry. I feel it’s fortunate that I have come across IFIM and a full time PGDM course in Business Analytics. This is where I am developing new skills that I believe will help me not only in my career but in my personal life too. What a great opportunity to be taught by eminent faculty like Dr.Chandrasekhar Subramanyam, Prof Prem Sundar to name a few. Enjoying every moment of my journey"
Sr. Staff Software Engineer. IBM
"I am quite happy and satisfied with the content and delivery of the course. The course structure is very relevant to the changes in IT landscape and serves as stepping stone for a career in Analytics. Live streaming and recorded sessions are really helpful to manage Work-Life balance and also to enhance knowledge."
Lead DB2 Z/0S, IBM
"The program logistics is good and the instructors were amazing. In just a few days, they covered all the topics relevant to basics of Business Analytics in a comprehensive manner providing foundational principals, technologies and examples and introduced academic and industry references. I've also enjoyed the opportunity to network with other professionals in different fields."
Sr. IT Consultant, Fijutsu consulting
"Business analytics post graduate course from IFIM Business School is of high quality and being conducted in a very professional way. The great convenience of remote classes when we cannot physically attend the classes is very handy. With a very experienced faculty, this School deserves to be the top business Schools of India. I highly recommend."
"I consider this program as must attend program for those who is looking for career in Analytics. The Program is very well designed which covers General Management and Business Analytics in detail by experienced industry veterans & academicians, supported by incredible staff. Classroom Sessions, Assignments, Case Study discussions and Analytics Lab helps a lot in understanding the concepts. Batch mates with rich & diverse field experience brings in fresh and different perspectives to the program. I think it is the game changing step for my career ahead."
Dharmendra Pratap Singh
Lead Architect, Wipro Limited
"The program has helped me understand the most complex data and transform into a model for support decision making in business. IFIM provides this environment with a well structured program, pedagogy, diverse culture and team of batch mates bringing rich experience from varied fields."
"Now that we are all in full swing of the course, I would like to take time to thank IFIM for the continuous support extended to us all. The classes are both informative and fun. The support from the faculty really boosts my learning here."
Harsimran Singh Sethi
Business Development Manager, Tutelam Strategy Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Vide notification No: VTU/ACA/2006-07/2538 dated 12th July, 2006, IFIM Business School), has been permitted by the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum to offer a Ph.D programme* in Management. Thus, IFIM Business School has the unique distinction of being amongst the few autonomous Institutes in the country to be accorded this recognition by a University.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING FOR Ph.D
- Details about Management Ph.D is given in: www.vtu.ac.in
- Visit the above site for downloading the application form
- After filling-in the personal information, the candidate has to come down to IFIM located in Phase I Electronic city for discussion with the faculty-guide.
- Along with the application the candidate has to precisely describe in a write up about their respective research topic and bring it for discussion with the guide.
- Please make sure that you meet the basic requirements to register for Ph.D with VTU. One has to undergo the VTU Ph.D aptitude test after submitting the application through IFIM ( Test is offered 2 times in a year).
- A regional VTU centre at R.V. Teachers’ college in Jayanagar can be contacted for any clarification regarding application forms or tests.
IMPORTANT : *For details of areas of specialisation, course work, eligibility, fellowships, fees structure, etc. please visit website : www.vtu.ac.in
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
(M): +91 7259973993
These programs are conducted with the intention of enhancing people’s knowledge on current affairs and sharpening skills at multiple levels.