Dr. Jaya N. Patil
Dr. Jaya N. Patil
Associate Professor & Program Head-BA(JPE)
Department of Journalism
Doctorate In Mass Communication & Journalism, Pune University, Pune,
M.A. (Mass Communication & Journalism),
( Gold Medallist), Karnataka University, Dharwad.
B.A, (Literature), Karnataka University, Dharwad.
Mass Communication Reporting,
History of Journalism in India.
Academic: 24 Years
Media and Rural Development, Development Communication
Media and Development Communication, Publications
Research Publications :
- Media and rural development - A bibliography, DELTA pubclishing company, Hyderabad.
- Chapter in A Book Titled: “Development Communication: Its Epistemological Meaning And Experience In India 1990. B.R. PUBLISHING CO. DELHI TITLE OF THE BOOK: DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATION FOR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION. (ED. DR. R.K. SAMANTA) .
- Through The Eyes Of The Print Media- Theme Coverage- Sri Lanka Accord Media Asia, International Journal 1990, Vol 17, No.1 .
- Newspaper Consumption In A Rural Community: A Case Study Of Navalur In Karnatakas State Media Asia, International Journal, Co Author, 1990, Vol 17, No.2 .
- Media Coverage of Indo -Srilanka State Accord 1990, 27, No.1 Vidura, National Journal (National Journal) .
- Reporting on Rural Development Vidura Journal, 1990, 27 Vol, No 3.
- Development Communication Support In Sustaining Democracy Vidura , National Journal, 1990, Vol. 24, No.4 .
- Women and Development: Media Vidura, National Journal, Vol. 27, Role of No.5 .
- Communication Support to Technology Mission in The Spread Of Literacy Media Asia, International Journal, 1991, Vol 18, No. 1 .
- Land Restoration For Tribals In East Godavari District Of Bauruvuruke Village Nird, Project, Hyderabad, S.K.Dutta, Dr. Jaya Patil .
- Symbol of Sweat and Cooperation Indian Express, Jaya Patil 27.7.1990.
- Ploughing the New Furrow Indian Express, Jaya Patil 23.11.1990
My Visits Abroad for Presenting Conference Papers As Invite:
- Presented Papers in Conferences at Bled, Yugoslavia – 1990 At International Association for Mass Communication & Research Conference.
- Presented Paper at Seoul, South Korea- 1994 At International Association for Mass Communication & Research Conference.
FDP / Training / Workshop attended:
Any other achievements: As Freelance Journalist - contributed 101 newspapers both in English & kannada/weekly - English.
- I Was A Member For International Council For Mass Communication And Research (IAMCR)- 1990 -1998
- I Am A Life Member For National Council For Developmental Communication (NCDC)-And Executive Member Since -1990
- I Am Life Member For Indian Association For Women’S Studies, New Delhi Since 1990.
- For One Year I Was Elected Member Of Indian Council, For Communication, Training And Research- 1990.
- I Am Consultant For Vanasiri Rural Development Society, An Ngo At Ranebennur Located In Karnataka Since 2013.
Email id :